BEST BABY SWINGS | MAY 2019
As a new parent, you may wonder when it’s acceptable for you to put your baby down and get some work done around the house. The time inevitably comes when the laundry or dishes have piled up too high and you need to get things done. Of course, you want to put your baby in the safest and most comfortable place possible, all while giving them ways to entertain themselves or sleep while you work. Baby swings provide a variety of swinging modes, songs and toys to keep your baby occupied while you do other things. Our reviews on baby swings cover all the key considerations you should think about when looking for a baby swing. You can also read through our buying guide for more information about pricing and core features your baby swing should offer. Read more about our methodology.
The Fisher-Price Cradle 'N Swing baby swing is an overall versatile and solid option for parents looking to find something for their baby to relax and play in. With a variety of speed settings and extra comfortable seat options, you can be sure your baby will have a great time in this swing, which is why it's our top pick.Read full review.
This baby swing is our runner-up top pick for baby swings, and it's easy to see why. With the dual functionality of swinging and rocking, the Graco DuetSoothe Swing and Rocker has a lot to offer, including great entertainment options and a variety of swing settings for greater customization.Read full review.
The Comfort & Harmony Cozy Kingdom baby swing is extra quiet and extra portable, and it offers a variety of speed settings. These features paired with an incredibly affordable price make this the perfect baby swing for parents looking for maximum value.Read full review.
The Graco Slim Spaces baby swing makes for an incredibly portable and compact option for parents who need a baby swing on a budget. You can easily fold up this baby swing and store it or transport it. It also features adjustable height settings for greater flexibility. This baby swing is a great choice if you're limited on space and budget.Read full review.
Best by Category
Best Portable Baby Swing
If you need something incredibly portable and compact, look no further than the Fisher-Price Take-Along Swing & Seat. This portable baby swing offers a variety of entertainment options that are sure to keep your baby occupied while you get things done around the house. This is a simple option that can easily satisfy your baby swing needs.Read full review.
The Ingenuity Power Adapt baby swing is a portable option that can use batteries or AC power to power the unit. With this kind of versatility, you can take this baby swing anywhere you want with ease. This baby swing also offers variable speed and timer settings.Read full review.
Best Glider Baby Swing
The Graco Glider Elite offers a unique solution to your baby swing needs. Instead of using a traditional rocking motion to soothe your baby, it uses a smooth gliding motion. This baby swing can also double as a rocker when the seat is removed. This deluxe baby swing is a great option for parents who have a little more room in their homes to provide the ultimate gliding experience for their baby.Read full review.
Best Baby Swing and Bouncer Combo
If you're looking for a baby swing that can swing and bounce, look no further than the Graco DuetConnect LX. This baby swing and bouncer combo is a great option for parents who don't want to be limited to a single functionality. It also provides variable speed and vibration settings that give your child more options.Read full review.
Baby Swings BUYING GUIDE
The first thing you should consider when purchasing a new baby swing is how many swinging modes it offers. The number of swinging modes and speeds on the market is incredibly large, so consider the age of your child first. For younger children, the baby swing you buy should have slower speeds, but if you plan on using the swing as your child grows, you should also have some faster options available. Another factor to consider is whether the swing offers more than just a back and forth option. Some babies like to be rocked side-to-side instead. Many swings offer both modes.
Since the point of baby swings is to allow your child a place to rest and play while you’re doing other things, you’ll want to make sure the swing you buy is perfectly safe. Sturdiness, seating positions and seat harnesses are all important points to consider. Buying a new baby swing is the best way to ensure it is up to all the current compliance and safety standards, but you should also consider what kind of materials the swing is made out of, paying particular attention to flame-resistant and chemical-free materials.
You should also consider the entertainment options that the baby swing offers. Is your baby more active? If so, then you might want to consider buying a baby swing that provides more toys and entertainment options. Many swings can play music and offer a variety of melodies and sounds for your child to hear while they are swinging. Some swings feature toy bars to which you can attach mobiles or toys; some have toys already attached.
Size and Portability
How much space do you have for your new baby swing? Some models are quite large and take up a bit of space, while some are more compact and portable. You may also want to consider how often you want to bring your baby swing with you on road trips or to a friend’s house. Many baby swings on the market are considered portable and fold up for easy transport.
Ease of Use
The world of baby toys often isn’t sympathetic to the over-tired brains of new parents, and many of them are overly complicated to operate for both the parents and the baby. The same is true for some baby swings on the market. Consider purchasing a baby swing that is simple to set up and use straight out of the box. Things like easy instructions or simple assembly can make your life a whole lot easier as a new parent.
For under $70, you can get a budget baby swing. These baby swings are often compact and portable, making them easy to take with you. However, they also typically only offer one swing mode and lack in variety with entertainment and speed settings. In the $70-$130 range, you can get a baby swing that fits most parents’ needs. These swings offer a good variety of swing modes and are typically more comfortable than budget baby swings. For more than $130, you can buy a premium baby swing. Glider baby swings typically fall into this price range. Premium baby swings offer multiple swing modes and speeds, along with additional features like different seat recline options and dual functionality.
FULL product reviews
We research hundreds of products in order to bring you a final, unbiased list of the very best. We also use a proprietary algorithm to score each product in terms of quality, value, and brand reputation. These subscores are then weighted to calculate our overall scores. Read more about how we calculate our scores.
The Fisher-Price Cradle ‘N Swing features all the bells and whistles. With two different swing modes and a variety of speed settings, you can be sure to find the perfect way to use this swing with your baby. It’s also a super comfortable baby swing with different reclining positions for more flexibility. While this isn’t the most compact baby swing, it has made a great impression on most of the users who have purchased it.
Why We Recommend It
- Two swing modes. The Fisher-Price Cradle ‘N Swing offers two separate swinging modes for a wider range of motion for your baby. With this baby swing, you can choose to rock your child back and forth or from side to side. It also features six different speed settings so you can find the perfect fit for your baby. Many users are happy with the variety of speed settings, especially as their children have gone through different phases of liking slower and faster speeds.
- Plenty of entertainment options. This baby swing features a mobile that hangs above the seat. This mobile is also motorized, which encourages eye-tracking and other playful interaction with your baby. The mobile also features a globe mirror. The swing also offers 16 different songs and nature sounds for white noise when you’re trying to get your baby to relax and sleep. Many users are pleased with the variety of sounds, especially when one sound doesn’t seem to work.
- Extra comfortable. Many users report on how comfortable the Fisher-Price Cradle ‘N Swing is for their children. With a soft, plush seat and the ability to change the recline of the seat, this baby swing offers a good variety when it comes to the seating arrangement for your child.
- Grows with your baby. The Fisher-Price Cradle ‘N Swing’s motor is equipped to maintain the same speed for all of its speed settings as your baby grows by sensing the weight you place in the swing. This means that the swing won’t slow down as your baby gets heavier. Plenty of users are surprised at how well this feature works, especially when compared to previous swings they’ve owned.
- Limited music time. Many users report that after 30 minutes, any sound that you are playing on the swing will shut off, possibly upsetting your baby.
The Graco DuetSoothe Swing and Rocker baby swing is a great choice for any parent looking for more versatility in functionality. This baby swing features both swing and rocker functions, making it easy to separate the seat to take with you around the house. With a variety of speed and entertainment options, this swing is sure to keep your baby relaxed or entertained, depending on how you want to use it at the time.
Why We Recommend It
- Two-in-one functionality. The Graco DuetSoothe Swing and Rocker is a baby swing and baby rocker, all wrapped up in a single package. This dual functionality provides you more versatility throughout the day. The rocker mode allows you to simply remove the seat portion from the swing and is great for moving around the house without transporting the whole swing with you. Users report loving this feature because of the extra portability it provides.
- Plenty of swing and speed settings. You can rock your baby back and forth or side to side with this baby swing, and you can do it at six different speeds. The swing also features a soft vibration mode for the times when your baby doesn’t want to swing but still needs a little bit of movement to calm down.
- Dual-power options. The Graco DuetSoothe Swing and Rocker gives you more flexibility by offering two different power options. To power the unit, you can either plug it into the wall or use up to five D batteries. Many users are happy with the ability to power the unit via a wall outlet because it saves them money on having to constantly purchase batteries.
- Comfortable bucket-style seat. The bucket-style seat of this baby swing creates a comfortable cradling sensation for your baby, a design feature with which many users are pleased. With premium fabrics and an extra-comfortable, removable headrest, you can be sure your child will be swinging in comfort. And if your baby gets uncomfortable in one position, you can simply adjust the recline to find the most comfortable position for them.
- The included mobile doesn’t turn. While the Graco DuetSoothe Swing and Rocker includes an attached mobile, it doesn’t turn, which can be boring to the baby.
If you’re looking for a baby swing that you can take anywhere with you, without having to worry about taking up a ton of space, look no further than the Comfort & Harmony Cozy Kingdom. This baby swing is completely foldable and easy to carry around without sacrificing too many features. The swing can swing back and forth with a variety of different speed settings, all without disturbing your baby because of its ultra-quiet operation.
Why We Recommend It
- Extra compact and portable. One of the Comfort & Harmony Cozy Kingdom baby swing’s biggest selling points is how compact and portable it is. It folds up completely, making for easy transport. Many users report loving this feature because it allows them to take the swing to play dates for greater convenience.
- Very quiet operation. While some baby swings make loud noises during use, this baby swing is the opposite. Many users report hearing little to no noise while the swing is going, which helped their babies sleep longer. This quiet operation holds up at each one of the speed settings, even the highest.
- Offers a good number of speed settings. With six different speed settings, you can be sure to find one that your child will like while lying in this baby swing. Many users are pleased with these speed settings, stating that they are typically able to find the right speed almost every time they use this swing.
- Accessible and flexible entertainment. The Comfort & Harmony Cozy Kingdom baby swing provides accessible entertainment for your baby in the form of a foam bar that stretches over the top seat with two hanging toys. This bar can be removed, if you so choose, which makes it easier for you to get your baby in and out of the seat. The swing also features six different melodies with volume control.
- Only one swing mode. Because of its compact nature, the Comfort & Harmony Cozy Kingdom baby swing only features a back and forth swing mode.
The Graco Slim Spaces baby swing is the perfect fit for parents that need to conserve space in their home. This baby swing can fold to be easily transported and stored for added convenience. It also features two different speed settings and adjustable legs so you can set it at the perfect height for you and your baby. With its compact build and budget-friendly price, this is one baby swing that’s hard to pass up.
Why We Recommend It
- Ultra-compact. The Graco Slim Spaces baby swing takes its name seriously and provides a truly compact experience overall. When the swing is out and operating, it doesn’t take up much room at all, according to many users. You can also fold the swing for easy storage, which takes up even less room overall.
- Easy to transport. If you need to take this baby swing with you to a friend’s house, simply fold it up and use the attached toy bar as a convenient handle. The toy bar even includes a carrying handle portion for greater comfort. Many users love this feature, stating that it made carrying around all their baby accessories easier.
- Adjustable height. For greater versatility, the Graco Slim Spaces baby swing’s height can be adjusted to make it even more compact or to make it taller for easier access. Many users report that this adjustment is easy to make, which gives this feature even more points.
- Two swing speeds. This baby swing features two swing speeds and a single swing mode—back and forth. You can easily switch between speeds using the switch at the top of one of the legs, and many users are pleased with the two options.
- No music or sounds. The Graco Slim Spaces baby swing doesn’t feature any sound or music options found on other models.
BEST BY CATEGORY
Best Portable Baby Swing
If you’re a parent on the go, you’re going to want to consider getting a portable baby swing. These baby swings are compact and super easy to pack up and carry around. While they typically don’t offer as many swing modes or extra toys or attachments as other baby swings, portable baby swings work perfectly for those moments out of the house when you need to have your hands free. These baby swings are great for play dates and travel.
The Fisher-Price Deluxe Take-Along Swing & Seat is an incredibly portable and convenient baby swing for parents who are always on the go. Featuring a sturdy, easy-to-transport design and plenty of entertainment options, this portable baby swing offers a fun, relaxing and convenient option for parents and babies alike. A removable, machine washable seat cover makes keeping this swing clean a snap.
Why We Recommend It
- Incredibly portable. The Fisher-Price Deluxe Take-Along Swing & Seat is a portable baby swing that is easy to fold and take along with you. Its sturdy frame is made for easy transport with large and comfortable handles. Many users report that this baby swing is much lighter than other models.
- High number of swing speeds. With six different swing speeds, the Fisher-Price Deluxe Take-Along Swing & Seat gives you greater flexibility in how you comfort and entertain your baby. This high number of speed settings is fairly uncommon to see in such a compact baby swing. Many users report being happy with the different speed settings, being able to find the right setting for their baby. This baby swing also offers a vibration mode, which many babies enjoy, according to many users who have purchased the product.
- Plenty of entertainment options. This baby swing features vibrant colors and an integrated toy bar with two plush toys. The toy bar provides ample room for your baby while still being completely accessible. You also get 10 music and sound options with this baby swing, giving you plenty of entertainment options. Many users report that these sounds are actually enjoyable and not annoying.
- Easily cleaned. The Fisher-Price Deluxe Take-Along Swing & Seat has a removable and washable seat cover that easily cleaned. It’s machine washable so you can clean up instantly after messy accidents. Users particularly like this feature, especially since babies can get messy.
- Solely battery-powered. You can't plug this swing into a wall outlet, so you'll have to use batteries that must be replaced over time.
The Ingenuity Power Adapt baby swing is a portable, sturdy and versatile option for parents who are looking to travel with a baby swing. With dual-power options, you can use the baby swing with or without batteries, making it an even more versatile option than many products on the market. Additional features include a swing timer and variable speeds.
Why We Recommend It
- Portable and foldable. Weighing in at only 14 pounds, this baby swing is lightweight and easy to transport. This feature is only compounded by the fact that it can be completely folded and unfolded with ease. The swing’s frame also features plenty of handholds, making it easy to carry, as many users report.
- Dual power options. With the Ingenuity Power Adapt portable baby swing, you won’t have to rely solely on batteries for power. You can also plug the model directly into a wall outlet for power. This gives you more versatility on how and where you can use this baby swing. This flexibility makes this baby swing even more portable than most. Most users who purchased this model are extremely pleased with this feature.
- Versatile swinging settings and timing. The Ingenuity Power Adapt portable baby swing features five separate swing speeds. The unique feature of this baby swing is the fact that you can change the timing of the swing based on 30-, 45 or 60-minute intervals, a feature praised by many users.
- Extra-quiet operation. With proprietary WhisperQuiet technology, this portable baby swing operates extra quietly. Many users report being surprised at how quietly this baby swing’s motor is during operation. This quiet operation applies to each one of the five different speed settings that the swing offers.
- No constant swinging. The Ingenuity Power Adapt portable baby swing doesn’t allow for constant swinging. The max amount of time it will swing for any given time is 60 minutes.
Best Glider Baby Swing
Glider baby swings offer a huge variety of swinging modes that are smoother and more relaxing for your baby. They typically also offer additional operating modes, such as vibration, and they often feature extra comfortable designs. These models are often larger than their counterparts, but many offer a removable bouncer feature that can come in handy. Glider baby swings are perfect for parents who want an extra-comfortable place for their baby to play — and have the room for it — while they are busy around the house.
The Graco Glider Elite is a unique baby swing that rocks your baby using an incredibly smooth gliding motion instead of the traditional rocking or swinging motion. This provides a more comfortable experience overall for your baby, which can lead to greater lengths of relaxed nap time. This glider baby swing also features two-in-one functionality and can act as both a swing and a removable bouncer. If you’re looking for a deluxe, more comfortable baby swing, don’t pass up on the Graco Glider Elite.
Why We Recommend It
- Extremely smooth gliding motion. One of the most popular features of the Graco Gilder Elite, according to many users who have purchased the model, is the extra-smooth gliding motion it provides. This gliding motion provides a smoother experience for your baby over traditional baby swings. This model can also vibrate at two different speeds.
- Two-in-one functionality. The Graco Glider Elite is a glider baby swing that also doubles as a baby bouncer. Simply remove the baby seat from the glider base and it can be used around the house. You can carry the bouncer seat with the comfortable carry handle. Many users report greatly enjoying this feature for greater flexibility.
- Multiple speed settings and recline positions. With multiple speed settings, you have more options for soothing or entertaining your baby. This glider baby swing gives you six different speed settings and two different bouncing options. You can also adjust the recline positions in three different ways. Users report being especially pleased with how customizable this baby swing can be.
- Dual power options. You don’t have to worry about batteries with the Graco Glider Elite; you can power the model through batteries or AC power. Simply plug the baby swing into the wall instead of using batteries, if desired. If you do decide to power the unit via batteries, you can set it on a timer so you don’t needlessly waste batteries.
- Toys are lacking. Many users report being displeased with the toys included with the Graco Glider Elite, with some going as far as removing them and using their own toys.
Best Baby Swing and Bouncer Combo
Baby swings with bouncers offer dual functionality: swinging for soothing and passive play and bouncing for active play. In addition, these swings often have extras, such as music, different motorized swinging modes, vibrations and more. They often are on the larger side, so it's best to have a dedicated area in the home for one.
The Graco DuetConnect LX baby swing is a combination model that features both swinging and bouncing functionality. This baby swing and bouncer combination features dual-power options, plenty of entertainment options and a variety of speed and vibration settings. If you’re looking for a baby swing that has more versatility than traditional baby swings, consider purchasing the Graco DuetConnect LX. It’s perfect for parents who don’t want to keep their babies limited to just swinging.
Why We Recommend It
- Dual use. The Graco DuetConnect LX baby swing doubles as a baby swing and bouncer. This is one of the most popular features with users who purchased this baby swing because it gives them greater versatility around the house. If you don’t want to lug around the full unit, you can simply remove the seat and use it as a bouncer.
- Batteries or AC. You don’t have to worry about running out of batteries while using this baby swing and bouncer combo because you can plug it into a wall outlet for power instead. If you do use batteries, many users report that the unit doesn’t go through batteries too quickly.
- Swinging and vibrating modes. The Graco DuetConnect LX baby swing can both swing and vibrate. With six different speed settings and two vibration settings, you can be sure to find the perfect combination for your baby during use. Many users are pleased with the number of options available to them.
- Lots of entertainment options. This baby swing and bouncer combo features an entertaining overhead mobile, 10 different melodies and five different nature sounds to create a comprehensive entertainment solution. Users report being happy with these entertainment options, saying that they kept their babies entertainment for extended periods of time.
- Hard to assemble. Many users report having difficulty assembling the Graco DuetConnect LX.